Cardiovascular problems are some of the most common health problems that Americans suffer from. By taking care of your heart and entire cardiovascular system you can prevent yourself from becoming a statistic of poor cardiovascular health. People who are educated in heart health and conditions tend to be at a much lower risk of having heart problems.
Below is a list of some interesting facts around hearth health.
1. The most common day of the week for a heart attack to occur is Monday
2. Saturday was the least common day of the week
3. More women than men die of heart disease each year
4. 1.5 million heart attacks occur in the United States each year with 500,000 deaths
5. Women under the age of 50 are twice as likely to die of a heart attack then men of the same age
6. Coronary heart disease alone costs the United States $108.9 billion per year
7. Around half of heart attack deaths occur within one hour of the heart attack
8. In one day, the heart pumps nearly 2000 gallons of blood
9. Laughter is good for the heart, it relaxes and expands blood vessels increasing blood flow up to 20%
10. CT scans of Egyptian mummies show that many had heart attacks debunking the myth that coronary heart disease is caused solely by modern day lifestyles
11. Every minute, the heart pumps our entire supply of blood which is about 5 quarts through the body
12. Heart attacks are 27% more likely to happen around your birthday and they are also most likely on Christmas Day and New Year’s Day
13. Drinking a diet soda a day increases your chance of getting a heart attack
14. Most women start to develop small streaks of cholesterol and other fats in their arteries before the age of 10
15. People who live alone are twice as likely to have a heart attack compared to those who live with a spouse or roommate
16. In the average lifetime, the heart beats 2.5 billion time
17. Being physically inactive at the lowest level puts you at higher heart risk than smoking
18. Cardiovascular disease causes an average of one death every 37 seconds in the United States
A very easy and effective way to take care of your heart is to take a cardiovascular supporting supplement. Amino acids, L-arginine and L-citrulline help support nitric oxide production and blood flow for the healthy function of the heart, brain and other organs. Nitric oxide production supports healthy blood pressure levels and blood vessel elasticity and is a critical molecule to help support heart health. Learn more about nitric oxide HERE.
Click hereto read about L-Arginine supplements and how they can help your entire cardiovascular system.